It was previously that Cuba has the best doctors in the world. Saw an article yesterday in the Guardian which I found amazing. Have put some key points and link below. Just as one person can dedicate themselves to helping a community, Cuba seems dedicated to helping the world. Very quietly, without fanfare, they are sending doctors to help around the world. In contrast to the warring nations that cause so much death and destruction it is amazing to see how much good a tiny country can do. Key points:
– Cuba has population of just 11m and official per capita income of $6,000
– It was first on the Ebola frontline and has sent the largest contingent of doctors and nurses – 256
– In the aftermath of the Kashmir earthquake of 2005, Cuba sent 2,400 medical workers to Pakistan and treated more than 70% of those affected
– they also left behind 32 field hospitals and donated a thousand medical scholarships
– Cuban medical internationalism has saved millions of lives.